Frequently Asked Questions
- Show Hours and Admission
- MarketPro Computer Shows Passes
- Mailing List
- Products and Exhibitors
- MarketPro Computer Shows Policies
- How to be a smart MarketPro Computer Shows shopper
Show Hours and Admission
When are the Shows?
The Computer Show events are held on Saturday and Sunday (plus an occasional holiday). Our show hours are from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm both Saturday and Sunday.
How much is show admission?
The admission fee is $7.00 in all markets. Children 11 and under are admitted free when accompanied by an adult. For two-day shows, we have a special two-day pass that can be purchased. With the purchase of a $7.00 ticket on Saturday, you may also purchase a $2.00 ticket for admission to the Sunday show ($2 ticket not available on Sundays).
How can I get discount coupons for show admission?
There are several ways in which you can receive a Discount Admission:
- IMMEDIATE DOWNLOAD: Register for e-mail notification.
- E-MAIL LIST: Sign up for our e-mail list at any show.
- PRINT ADVERTISING: In some show markets?coupon appear in local print advertising. Check your major daily newspaper the week of the show.
- SHOW FLYERS: Be sure to pick-up an upcoming show schedule flyer?at the show. This will provide you with upcoming show information and a coupon for discounted admission.
Why is there an admission fee to enter each of the MarketPro Computer Shows? Back to Top
MarketPro Computer Shows provides a service to all of our customers (over 2.5 million customers per year attend our shows), by bringing together a wide variety of computer dealers into one location to sell computer and electronic merchandise at discount prices. Our exhibitors offer discounted prices because they can sell a high volume of merchandise in a weekend. In fact, you can negotiate to find the best price inside the show for the product that you want. Remember, the exhibitors are competing with one another for your business. As the show promoter, we use the admission proceeds to pay for the facility and equipment rentals, advertising, show production and staffing, and our customers save much more than the admission fee on their purchases.
MarketPro Computer Shows Passes
Is there any way I can get a pass for discounted admission?
Yes. MarketPro Computer Shows has two options available to customers, the Annual Passfor all Maryland, Northern Virginia and Ft. Lauderdale Shows; and the Multi-Show Pass for all other shows.
How do I purchase the Annual Pass and/or the Multi-ShowPass?
Both passes can be purchased on-site at any Computer Show. Currently we do not sell these items via the internet or phone.
What are the benefits of the Annual Pass?
The Computer Show Annual Pass provides you with unlimited free admission to any show, across the country, for one year. All pass holders go directly to the ticket taker to enter the show. This means there is no waiting in long ticket sales lines to enter the show. Photo ID is required when using the Annual Pass.
What are the benefits of the Multi-Show Pass?
A Multi-Show Pass provides the pass holder with a total of five admissions. All pass holders go directly to the ticket taker to enter the show. This means there is no waiting in long ticket sales lines to enter the show. The Multi-Show Pass is transferable. This new admission option will allow a customer to bring family, friends, co-worker or associates to a show, all on one pass. Each pass will receive one stamp per admitted customer.
What do these pass options cost?
- Annual Pass: An Annual Pass costs $45 per year.
- Multi-Show Pass: A Multi-Show Pass costs $20 for a total of five admissions.
What happens if I lose my pass?
The Computer Show is not responsible for any lost Multi-Show Passes.?They should be treated like they are cash.
?A replacement for a lost Annual Pass may be obtained at any show with proper proof of purchase (the?yellow copy?of the receipt or some other proof such as?your canceled check). Back to Top
Can I purchase a family pass?
The Multi-Show Pass is the best option for a family discount.
What are the benefits of being on The Computer Show e-mail list?
Being on the e-mail list provides you with advanced notification of shows, discounted admission coupons (including periodic Free admission offers) and special offers from the show vendors.
How can I register for the e-mail lists?
You may register on-site at any show. To sign-up on our e-mail list now click here.
Does The Computer Show and Sale, Inc.?sell its mailing list?
No. Both the e-mail list and the mailing list are for the exclusive use of The Computer Show and Sale, Inc. and will not be sold, leased or loaned to any other individual or organization.
Back to Top
Products and Exhibitors
What kind of products will I find at the show?
The MarketPro Computer Shows feature computer wholesalers and retailers selling the latest computer products, including primarily IBM-compatible computer hardware, software and accessories. Each exhibitor carries many different products; therefore, we are unable to promise specific products, brands, services or prices.
Can you tell me specifically what I will find at a show?
MarketPro Computer Shows is the promoter of the event. As promoter, we do not sell the merchandise at the show. Each exhibitor is an independent dealer offering a wide variety of computer technology products, including complete systems, components, software, cables, memory, printers, scanners, laptops and much more.
Will I find any MacIntosh products at the show?
Our shows primarily feature IBM-compatible merchandise. There are some companies that may sell MacIntosh software or memory that is MAC-compatible. Otherwise, it is almost exclusively a PC-compatible show.
How much can I save at the show?
The savings vary from product to product. Because we do not sell the items, but rather our exhibitors sell on-site at the shows, we are unable to provide specific pricing. The savings vary depending on the size and value of the product, but you can get substantial savings by negotiating with the companies for the best price/service/warranty possible. We recommend that you come prepared with pricing from other outlets and that you shop your price/service/warranty needs around the show.
How many companies are typically at a show?
The shows vary in size and selection from market to market. The number of companies is not guaranteed and that number varies depending on the location of the show -- sometimes thirty vendors, sometimes up to one-hundred and fifty. Because the shows feature different companies that sell similar products, you can negotiate the best price / service / warranty that you can find. We suggest that you come prepared with competitive pricing from other outlets, so that you can do your comparison shopping and get the best deal.
Can I get a list of exhibitors in advance?
MarketPro Computer Shows does not issue a list of exhibitors because we work with hundreds of different computer retailers and wholesalers that exhibit in our shows on any given weekend. Our exhibitor listing changes frequently leading up to the shows. You will find local and regional computer retailers and wholesalers represented at the shows selling a wide variety of computer hardware, software and accessories.
How do I become an exhibitor?
If you are interested in exhibiting at a MarketPro Computer Shows event, please contact Victoria Crutchfield .
Back to Top
MarketPro Computer Shows Policies
What is the return policy at the shows?
Each exhibitor has its own return policy. Please check your receipt for the exhibitor's return policy, or better yet, check with the exhibitor prior to your purchase. MarketPro Computer Shows has a policy that each exhibitor must make their return policy explicitly clear to shoppers at the point of purchase.
Do I have to pay another entrance fee to return a product to an Exhibitor?
Please bring the product that you would like to return and your receipt to the front desk at the show. The ticket seller will take a $7 deposit and allow you approximately 15 minutes to complete the refund or make your exchange. If you decide to stay and shop, your $7 deposit will be used to purchase a ticket. If you return within 15 minutes, you will receive your deposit back.
What if I cannot return to the show, or if the Exhibitor is not at the next show, in order to compete a refund or exchange?
If you cannot attend a show to make a return or you attend a one-day show and need to return an item, please contact the exhibitor directly to make arrangements for the refund or exchange.
What is a restocking fee?
Many retailers will charge a restocking fee to cover the time and their costs to process the returned product. The Exhibitor may waive this fee if you request an exchange for another product and they should waive it if the product is defective and you return it within the Exhibitor's return period (if they have one, otherwise you will have to return a defective product by contacting the manufacturer directly).
What types of warranties are available for products I purchase?
Our shows feature different computer wholesalers, retailers and distributors selling primarily IBM-compatible computer hardware, software, accessories and services. Each exhibitor has its own set of policies and warranties; therefore, we are unable to give specific information. We suggest you come prepared with competitive pricing and warranty information from other outlets to get the best price, service and warranty possible. Be sure to discuss warranties and return policies with each exhibitor prior to making a purchase, and be sure to get written documentation of these policies along with a payment receipt for your purchases.
How do I resolve an issue I have with an Exhibitor?
MarketPro Computer Shows takes customer service issues seriously. In order to properly serve you, please follow these simple procedures:
1. Contact the Exhibitor first. Please be aware that because Exhibitors work Saturdays and Sundays at shows their weekday work hours may vary. Please give them ample time to research and respond to your need/complaint.
2. Get an RMA# (Return Merchandise Authorization Number) from the Exhibitor if you are shipping your purchase back to the Exhibitor and place this number inside and on the outside of your package. Also, please keep in your records, the Exhibitor employee's name that has been helping you.
3. Paper Trail Please document your interaction with Exhibitor -- keep a paper trail of your contacts with the Exhibitor. Record names, who said what, and the instructions given and when.
4. Contact MarketPro Computer Shows. Finally, if your efforts to resolve the issue with the Exhibitor are not producing satisfaction, please complete and submit our Customer Service Form.
Back to Top
How to be a smart MarketPro Computer Shows shopper
1. Research, Research, Research. Check out the latest pricing/warranty/service information before you attend the show. This will allow you to negotiate the best price that you can on-site at the show. If you are adding to your current system, know exactly what you have at home or in the office -- print your configuration profile or make a list of your computer components, software, operating system, installed software and be clear what activities you are using or want to use your computer for. Bring this list along with you to the show. Use this list to check the compatibility by looking at the specifications required by your new product and comparing those with what you have on your system. This should help to ensure that the products you purchase are compatible with your current system.
2. Ask Questions. Make sure that you clearly understand everything that you would like to know about the products that you are purchasing. See number 1.
3. Don't forget your receipt. Be sure to get a receipt for every purchase along with the company's name, address and telephone number. And do not forget to get a copy of the return and warranty policy. Remember, you will see many companies in one day, so it pays to be careful with your records.
4. Use a credit card to make your purchases. Many credit cards come with features that protect consumers when they make large purchases.
5. Get all guarantees and warranties in writing. Be sure that you completely understand the company's warranty, exchange and return policies. Policies differ by company and some companies will negotiate these terms with you.
6. Review your package before leaving the show. Be sure that you receive all disks, parts and manuals with your purchase before you leave the show. Open the packaging while you are at the exhibitors booth to confirm you are getting exactly what you purchased.
7. If it seems to good to be true it probably is. Be a smart shopper - use common sense when evaluating competing deals.
8. Read the product specifications before you buy it. If you are uncertain about what you are purchasing then take some time to do more research prior to buying the product.
MarketPro Computer Shows does not permit the sale, offering for sale, advertising, display or transfer of unauthorized, unlicensed and/or counterfeit software, hardware or other computer products on the premises of its shows.
Back to Top